- CCX is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- All selected candidates, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
CCX is a strategic consulting firm working on climate change and sustainability issues. At CoreCarbonX, we work with businesses, governments and civil societies to solve complex sustainability challenges. We help in identifying the problems and deliver values with speed, certainty and strategic dexterity. Established in 2008, CoreCarbonX has now recognised the world over for its expertise and innovative solutions in the areas of Renewable Energy; Sustainable Habitat; Corporate Sustainability, Waste Management; Community Development and Climate Change.
CCX and its experts have foreseen for this assignment have extensive expertise in the entire project cycle processes, development and delivery in various international, national and regional schemes.
CCX has been implementing various projects in the agriculture sector which are guided by sustainable agriculture practices. Currently, CCX is working in Andhra Pradesh on a study that envisages building a comprehensive, scaled-up understanding of agriculture practices in Andhra Pradesh that can accrue reduced water and energy consumption in agricultural farmlands.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Team Leader will coordinate the CCX team’s activities, ensure that the methodology foreseen in the ToR (Terms of Reference) is fully implemented and organize the division of labour within the team according to respective areas of expertise.
The Team Leader will carry out the following tasks:
- Review relevant background documentation made available by the project team, including the project document, the project’s log frame, progress and final reports, workshop and technical reports, among others as listed in the ToR;
- Review and complement the methodology described in the ToRs, contribute to the preparation of data collection tools, including questionnaires, checklists and interview protocols as appropriate;
- Coordinate preparation and drafting of the Inception Report, including a matrix, and insofar as possible, participate to the finalization of the team’s work programme;
- Lead and coordinate the collection of primary data by the team through, inter alia, interviews and meetings, face to face or virtual, with concerned officers in the state Agriculture officer, and during the field visit, with the as well as the project coordination unit, government agencies and other key stakeholders as described in the ToR;
- Coordinate the collection of primary data by the team during the field visits and relevant secondary data, according to the methodology presented in the overall ToR and detailed in the Inception Report;
- Lead the analysis and discussion of evidence collected during the study to identify key findings and preliminary conclusions that answer all issues and questions, as well as to formulate preliminary recommendations in line with findings. Ensure that all the findings are sufficiently triangulated and validated;
- Lead, coordinate and prepare all deliverables planned, according to specifications provided in the ToRs;
- Coordinate the participation and contribution of team members in all deliverables as required;
- Present the preliminary findings to key stakeholders as required;
- Prepare the first and second drafts of the report, integrate comments received as appropriate from the relevant department staff and government agency staff and other relevant stakeholders, as appropriate; and
- The candidate must have an Advanced University Degree in Agriculture Economics, Agriculture Management, Rural Development, Economics or related fields
- The candidate should have at least 10 years practical experience in strategic planning, programming, or results review/monitoring and evaluation related to Agriculture, Food Security and Nutrition, Natural Resources Management, and Development
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Project and process management, with technical understanding on the development of water usage under the agriculture practices
- Project and program evaluation, review of agriculture, value chain development, gender and conflict-sensitive programming is an asset
- Language requirement: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Telugu
- He/she must have intermediate to advanced computer skills in the use of standard office software, such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and SAS, STATA and SPSS and R Programming.