Agriculture and deforestation are major contributors to climate change. However, agroforestry mitigates this by integrating trees into farms to sequester carbon while reducing emissions. Core Carbon Vanam is CCX’s pioneering ARR VCS (Afforestation, Reforestation, and Revegetation Verified Carbon Standard) agroforestry project that enables farmers to meaningfully combat climate change through avoiding deforestation, sequestering carbon and reducing on-farm emissions. Crucially, agroforestry also promotes sustainable rural livelihoods. By delivering environmental stability alongside productivity, agriculture can be part of the climate solution.
Sustainable Land Utilization, GHG Reduction and Rural Development
Our goal with this planned ARR VCS project is to empower small-scale farmers and foster sustainable agroforestry practices, creating a win-win scenario by enhancing financial prospects and facilitating GHG reduction. This initiative spans across the states of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, and Jharkhand, aiming to leave a lasting positive impact on the environment and local communities.
Project highlights include, but are not limited to, educating farmers and offering technical assistance with agroforestry practices;
- Diverse Tree Plantation for Specific Regions: We mobilize farmers to plant a wide variety of tree species, ranging from fruit-bearing trees like Indian blackberry, Guava, and Mango to valuable timber species like Teak, Mahogany, and Sandalwood.
- Simple Cultivation and Maintenance Techniques: Our selected small scale farmers employ simple yet effective tree cultivation techniques that involve planting saplings in pits with minimal land disturbance, ensuring successful growth and carbon sequestration.
- Carbon Credit Solutions Guidance: We work with individual farmers in most of the districts in the above states and give them expert advice on how to use carbon credits as incentives. Farmers who grow trees on their lands to sequester carbon are eligible to earn carbon credits.
Agroforestry Benefits for Farmers, Environment and Investors
By integrating trees into farming landscapes, agroforestry unlocks a myriad of benefits for Farmers and the Environment:
- Enhances land productivity through crop diversification and improved yields
- Conserves biodiversity by enriching ecosystems
- Improves soil health, water retention and nutrient cycling
- Builds climate resilience through carbon sequestration, shade and windbreaks
- Diversifies income with carbon credits, timber, fruits, nuts and medicinal products
- Contributes to five sustainable development goals
Engaging the Community
We warmly welcome farmers, investors, and local communities to actively engage with our ARR VCS agroforestry project. Your participation advances a sustainable future, amplifies rural development, and supports carbon removal initiatives.
Million Tonnes of CO2 reduction per annum (Estimate)
Hectares of farm land supported
Project start date
|Types of Offsets Produced
|Registry and Certifications
|Sustainable Development goals from Co-benefits
Join the movement. Together, let’s cultivate a greener future through agroforestry and efficient land use practices!